I've used Wikipedia lots of times, and have worked on a group project with the former Youth Services Advisory Committee using a wiki. I gave some thought to creating an account with Wikipedia, but decided to wait till I have something particularly pithy to share. Nothin' was poppin' this morning. Instead, I took a look at the two univerity library wikis posted, and checked out the spartan but functional St. Joseph County Lib. wiki. I really liked the Monday Memo idea on the Minnesota library's wiki, and for some reason had never thought of using video in a wiki like that clever Chad over in Ohio did.
Google docs--YS uses this service to create the forms used on our website. I used it to do the feedback form for our summer reading program, as well as asked the school liaisons to re-do their book box assignment alert, and a few other forms using Google docs. Buh-bye, SurveyMonkey. It's a little un-intuitive to get the form to work the way we need it to, but once created, they're working well for us. I have also used Google docs to forward Word or Excel 2007 and beyond docs to myself, and open them w/Google Docs because I have not yet purchased a newer MS Office suite. I haven't used it to created documents or spreadsheets yet, but I will. If it works well enough, I may never purchase Office again. Will have to see how things transfer if they need to get sent back and forth.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment